BugSquash revisited? (was: Re: Status of Potato)

Previously Richard Braakman wrote:
> Last weekend has shown that the bug count can be reduced rapidly
> in intense sessions.  We'll need more of those, and probably a large
> number of packages will also have to be removed from frozen.
>
> The freeze will be the coming weekend, on Sunday, November 7th.

After these encouraging remarks I feel we should organize another
bugsquash-day a week after the freeze on Saturday, November 13th.

Last time we managed to fix somewhat over 75 bugs (it's not really
possible to give an exact number unfortunately). I feel we should be
able to accomplish this feat a second time, if not improve on it.

I'm thinking of a two-fold setup: fix packages with release-critical
bugs, and try to identify package that are obsolete or should be removed
for some other reason.

Anyone wiling who would like to join us in making potato another quality
release is welcome to join us; further details will be posted later. For
now just put the date in your agenda :)

Wichert.

 / Generally uninteresting signature - ignore at your convenience  \
| wichert@liacs.nl                    http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |