Re: proftpd

On Mon, 1 Nov 1999, Raul Miller wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 01, 1999 at 07:20:55PM +0100, Christian Hammers wrote:
> > proFTPd is able to use SQL databases for storing passwords for
> > authentication. Its maintainer probably thought that is would be
> > better to let apt-get fetch those 100kb more than disabling this
> > support or splitting proftpd into proftp-mysql and proftpd-pgsql etc.
>
> Let me guess -- it doesn't use a helper, so support for specific sql
> implementations must be hard-coded into the server?
>
> [apt-source ftpd, grep, read, ..]
>
> Ok, it looks like this support is implemented as dynamically loaded
> modules -- so the sql support should be suggestions not dependencies.
> I was going to verify this assumption, but the source package is buggy
> [this fails: make -f debian/rules build], and it doesn't really affect
> the right solution:

No, proftpd does not support dynamically loaded modules (yet). So the main
binary is linked against the sql libraries. Btw you should probably run a
debian/rules clean, and then debian/rules build...

--
Madarasz Gergely           gorgo@caesar.elte.hu         gorgo@linux.rulez.org
                    HuLUG: http://mlf.linux.rulez.org/