Re: Xconfigurator package in debian ?

> It does detect my AGP Card, but thats no surprise its a PCI Device. It
> doesnt output anything about memory size, resolution, ramdac oder clocks.

This is a "feature" :-)

You see, to find out a lot of that info, you need to do what i call
"invasive" probes. You need to write to IO registers and read values. This
means that you can potentially hang a machine.

xviddetect doesn't do any of that stuff. It should never cause your machine
to hang (*), because it only uses "non-invasive" probing.

if someone can tell me how i can find out more info about video cards
without resorting to low level io read/writes, i'd love to know.

randolph
--
Debian Developer <tausq@debian.org>
http://www.TauSq.org/