Re: PGP 5 and debian

On Wed, Oct 27, 1999 at 02:12:13PM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Aaron Van Couwenberghe wrote:
> > I get output like this:
> >
> > Unsupported packet format - you need a newer version of PGP for this file.
> >
> > Unsupported packet format - you need a newer version of PGP for this file.
>
> Hmm, that might even be my key. Some people seem to have picked up some PGP5
> signature on their keys somewhere..
>
> > Is this a pgp 5 thing? Does anyone know what to do about it?
>
> Use gnupg :)

OK. That makes sense. However, I have just one problem with doing so...

I have two keys, one GPG and one PGP. My PGP key just recently got resubmitted
to the keyring-maint with a signature; my GPG key is entire untrusted. If I
switch to GPG, how can I force it to sign with my PGP key rather than my GPG
key? Or, if you're using GPG and already have a trusted PGP key, is it
really necessary to switch to a GPG key?

And, can you put RSA keys (PGP) directly into your GPG pubring/secring? It
would make sense, I've just never tried before...

--
..Aaron Van Couwenberghe... ..avancouw@calpoly.edu.. ..aaronv@debian.org..
	Berlin:			http://www.berlin-consortium.org