Re: Default language for system

* Piotr Roszatycki said:
> I'd like to intent to package 'task-polish'.
> I think this package could show dialog (debconf) if the
> Polish language should be default for system.
>
> How can I set a LANG environment variable in postinst script?
Hmm... since the /etc/environment file seems to be not owned, then I think
you could ask whether the administrator allows you to modify the file by
appending the LANG=pl_PL line. As discussed in another thread, the file will
be read under all circumstances on potato - both ssh and login read this
file and insert the variables into the environment before invoking the
user's shell.

marek