Re: Uploaded alsadriver-unstable 0.5pre+cvs19991024+1855-1 (source all) to master

Masato Taruishi <taru@debian.or.jp> wrote:

>> >  alsadriver-unstable (0.5pre+cvs19991024+1855-1) unstable; urgency=low
>> >  .
>> >    * new upstream release.
>> >    * Changed section from main to contrib.

>> Why change the sections ? Does it depend on non-free or non-us or
>> other contrib software ? Because that is the only case when it
>> should be put into contrib.

> The reason why I put it into contrib is that I believe it is too
> unstable to put it into main section.

So put it into project/experimental.

> There is the following sentence in debian policy manual 2.1.3:

>  * packages which we don't want to support because they are too buggy,

> Is this a wrong change?

Yes, because the above sentence will be removed in the next version of
the policy (the policy change is already accepted), because contrib is
only for packages which depend on something non-free or non-US or
wrapper packages for non-free/non-US.

Tschoeeee

        Roland

--