Re: OpenSSH

Thus spake levanti@verbum.org (levanti@verbum.org):

> Looks like the OpenBSD people have finished bringing the last free
> version of ssh up to date; unfortunately, they seem to have deeply
> wedded it to the OpenBSD-specific crypto API.  Anyone want to see how
> hard it would be to port it to Linux and package it?
>
> http://freshmeat.net/news/1999/10/25/940898275.html

I saw this too, and it sparked the same thought in my head.

libssl is not a prob, but the rest of the crypto calls are in OpenBSD specific
libs, but it also does say that the code is freely re-usable.  Which indicates
to me, porting this from obsd shouldn't be too much of an issue.

I'm going to have a look at it, it looks really promising.  It does look like
an excellent alternative to the non-free stuff ;)

--
,                                   |          . OpenPGP Supported .          '
,  oneiros (oneiros@darkspire.net)  |  .. the fortune for this e-mail is ..   '