Re: Renaming lsh?

"Darren O. Benham" <gecko@debian.org> writes:

> Take two users, Person A and Person B.  Person A has chosen the dos like
> lsh shell as his prefered shell, he's used for years and he's getting ready
> to customize a debian box for his use.
>
> Take Person B.  He's never even heard of the lsh shell (I hadn't until this
> topic came up a week ago) but he *has* heard of the ssh free replacement
> lsh and want's to give it a try...
>
> Both people do "apt-get install lsh".. what happens?  Either Person A or
> Person B will be surprised...

You should not install software like that, unless you happen to like
surprises. You should first browse the descriptions of the packages
that seem relevant (e.g. the packages matching *lsh*). Or if you're
lazy, do something like

  apt-get install '*lsh*'

(if that is possible with apt, I'm really not familiar with it), which
should either install all packages or fail and tell you that there is
a conflict.

> I don't think the original message even got to addressing binary namespace
> conflicts...

On the other hand, the original message was not the first one on this
topic...

/Niels