Re: Data does NOT belong in Debian (was: Stop Archive bloat)

On Tue, Oct 19, 1999 at 09:29:53PM +0000, Alexander Koch wrote:
> [f'up]
>
> On Tue, 19 October 1999 21:43:57 +0200, Goswin Brederlow wrote:
> > Why not allow Source only packages ?
>
> Something like that is the only workable thing, methinks.
> Having a source where a source is 99+ % the same data is waste.
>
> Before that is agreed on (and there is a need, I read it
> here) I would not touch anything. I am strongly against
> the data section and especially the bigger packages.

Why are you against a data section (which is just a separate archives
like contrib or non-us)? I would like to know what's wrong with it
since who doesn't have much opposition in debian-policy.

Please, read the proposal carefully before answering.

> Alexander
>
> --
> "Video killed the radio star ... then the Spice Girls killed the rest."
> -- Alan Braverman
> Alexander Koch - <>< - WWJD - aka Efraim - PGP 0xE7694969 - ARGH-RIPE

Fabien Ninoles        Chevalier servant de la Dame Catherine des Rosiers
aka Corbeau aka le Veneur Gris               Debian GNU/Linux maintainer
E-mail:                                                    fab@tzone.org
WebPage:                                    http://www.tzone.org/~fabien
RSA PGP KEY [E3723845]: 1C C1 4F A6 EE E5 4D 99  4F 80 2D 2D 1F 85 C1 70