Re: /etc/profile.d

* Piotr Roszatycki said:
> On Sun, 24 Oct 1999, Darren Benham wrote:
> > >but I think this directory could be useful in some cases.
> > >
> > Figure out how to do it with the rest of the shells...
>
> I see no problem.
> Each login shells have some global profile.
> Packages which modify environment should have POSIX-like and CSH-like scripts.
Hardly practical. Not every shell possible with Debian supports such
scripts, some have different syntax, some quite different language. Do you
expect the package maintainer to know all the variations and write scripts
for all the shells? Because I think that none of the users, no matter what
shell they use, should be discriminated in that respect...

marek