Re: ITP: alsadriver-current

On Tue, Oct 19, 1999 at 14:42:01 -0500 (+0000), Chris Cheney wrote:

> I haven't filed a bug report yet, but have you noticed a problem with
potato recently?  After the change from conf.modules to modules.conf
(whatever package did that) I haven't been able to get /etc/init.d/alsa to
work properly, it always segfaults.

(wordwrap applied!)

Here is a quick cut&paste of an email I've just sent to the modutils
maintainer:
------------
FWIW I had the same experience, with one addition - I can get modprobe to
segfault.  This seems to happen when (using alsa) I do something like:

modprobe snd-card-0

this eventually depends on "isapnp", which is inserted, but lsmod shows it
to be "(un-initialised)" IIRC. If I rmmod isapnp, then insmod it, it says
"(unused)" at which point the modprobe is happier.

Don't take the segfault thing as a bug report though - I'll send a proper
report in later if needs be.

Adrian

email: adrian.bridgett@iname.com,    http://www.poboxes.com/adrian.bridgett
Windows NT - Unix in beta-testing.   PGP key available on public key servers
Debian GNU/Linux  -*-   because I'm allergic to Prozac   -*-  www.debian.org