Re: ITP: Bonnie++

Brian May <bam@snoopy.apana.org.au> writes:

> I intend to sponsor this package on behalf of the upstream
> maintainer, Russell Coker.
>
> Source: bonnie++
> Section: utils
> Maintainer: Russell Coker <russell@coker.com.au>
> Standards-Version: 2.5.1
>
> Package: bonnie++
> Architecture: any
> Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}
>  it is called Bonnie++ because it was based on the Bonnie program.  This
>  program also tests performance with creating large numbers of files.
>
> Currently, my computer is still slink. Does this matter?

Probably. Upload source only and the autobuild demons will take care
of the rest. That way you also see if the autobuild demon does it
right, since you will get the autocompiled version installed when
doing "apt-get update"

May the Source be with you.

PS: Where can I grab the source to testdrive the thing? I want to test
m68k, i386, alpha archs and some of the bugs bonnie has (i.e. 2GB
limit).