Re: /usr/doc and /usr/share/doc on different partitions

On Mon, Oct 18, 1999 at 04:22:31PM +0200, Jon K. Hellan wrote:
> As my /usr has grown, /usr/doc and /usr/share/doc has ended up in
> different partitions. Symlinks from /usr/doc to ../share/doc or vice
> versa do not work.

So make them work!  If /usr/doc is a symlink to /mnt/bigoldisk/doc, make
/mnt/bigoldisk/share a symlink to /usr/share.

> Should this be considered a bug in the packages, or am I doing
> something which is not supported.

If it were decided that this is a bug, perhaps there should be a (global)
option to make those symlinks absolute instead of relative.

Andrew