ITP: jakarta/tomcat

Hi!

I intend to package tomcat, a sub project of the Jakarta project. tomcat is
the reference implementation of the Java Servlet 2.2 and JavaServer Pages
(JSP) 1.1 specification.

Some parts of the source code were written by Sun, the other parts are from
Apache-JServ and some other OpenSource projects. For more information about
this, see the Jakarta home page at http://jakarta.apache.org/

tomcat might obsolete two of my current packages in the future:
- jserv (the servlet engine from the Apache project) and
- gnujsp (a free JSP 1.0 implementation)

But until tomcat becomes stable, it is still recomended to stay with jserv
and gnujsp, although they implement earlier versions of the servlet and jsp
specifications.

tomcat will be released under the Apache license (a BSD style license), but
the package will still go into contrib as a working JVM is needed.

--
Stefan Gybas