menu problem when / is the description

I have noticed a problem with some menu entries under various window managers.  The problem appears to either be caused by / in the description of the menu item.  This error is seen in at least the communicator(?) package and xawtv.  The affected window managers/desktop enviroments I know of are:  enlightenment, gnome, and kde.

I don't know what the solution that should be persued is.  Either a bug could be filed against all the affected window managers to add support for the /.  Or require that menu entries do not have a / in the description.

Thanks,

Chris