ITP: portsentry

This is my Intent to Package 'portsentry', an anti port-scanning
daemon that watches for common scanning patterns and allows the
sysadmin to do any of the following:

1) run a script to alert the sysadmin of the source IP and port the scan
   came from, and/or

2) add an ipchains rule to drop ALL traffic from that IP in the future,
   including ICMP (nice!) and/or

3) add a route sending all traffic from the incoming IP to a nonexistant
   host (if 2 is undesirable for some reason)

I've written a small Perl script to perform step 1) and mail the
admin with the IP and port, and will include it in the package.

Anyone think I shouldn't package it up? :) Speak up now..

Ben

--
Brought to you by the letters R and B and the number 17.
"Porcoga daisuki!"