Re: Fwd: Three Firms Team Up to Sell Linux Version at Software Stores

Josip Rodin wrote:
> Someone should have told them that the software is called "Debian
> GNU/Linux". And the whole tone/attitude of this article makes me feel
> uneasy...

At least the news.com article
(http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1003-200-850000.html) did better:

      Because of this emphasis on pure open source, the Debian project has
      close ties to the Gnu project founded by Richard Stallman, who has
      championed the open-source philosophy. Debian refers to its software
      not as Linux, but as Gnu/Linux, because several of the components used
      alongside the core Linux software originated with the Gnu project.

I can also attest the box gets it right at least some of the time, and the
book inside has the title you would hope for.

--
see shy jo