Re: Program to look at web pages and compare prices

On Sun, Oct 10, 1999 at 12:20:37PM -0600, Richard Stallman wrote:
> Is there a project to develop a free program that would look at
> various web sites for you, and show you the prices for which you
> could get a given item from various places?
>
> If you know of such a project, please tell me.  If I don't
> find out about one, I will try to get one started.

A lot of web sites have restrictions on proper use of their content.
Such a program could face possible restrictions on its use, and would
likely have difficulties parsing a constantly changing website
design.

For a recent debate about third party searching of a website:
http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1007-200-811767.html?tag=st.ne.1002.thed.1007-200-811767

--
Colin Walters <levanti@verbum.org>
http://web.verbum.org/levanti