Re: Redesign of diskless NFS-root package & apt error

Brian May <bam@snoopy.apana.org.au> writes:

> On Mon, Sep 27, 1999 at 05:16:28PM +1000, Brian May wrote:
> > apt, for starters is broken:
>
> Whats worse:
>
> 1. Complaining about a problem and not having it fixed.
>
> 2. Complaining about a problem, and subsequently finding it
> already has been fixed.
>
> ????

Not complaining at all but saying that Debian is so broken. :) If
someone finds a bug, he should allways report it after looking at the
bug tracking system, the manpage and the changelog of the current
unstable version. Its  better to have a bug reported twice then to
have not reported at all.

I heard from several maintainers that they like having bugs reported
against their package, because it shows that they do valuable work in
maintaining the package. The bug tracking system is the onbly feedback
a maintainer normaly has.

May the Source be with you.
			Goswin

PS: All maintainers who get too many bug reports will probably kill me
for this.

PPS: Hey, lets write a statistic package that collects useage counters
for packages from all debian systems where its installed on.