ITP/RFP: libsigc++ (as libsigcpp)...
Actually, deep down this is more a RFP, but I'm willing to do it
myself to see it happen. :-) I need this library to package the
Quasimodo modular, extensible, real-time audio/MIDI Environment for
POSIX-ish Operating Systems.
This library implements a full callback system for use in widget
libraries, abstract interfaces, and general programming. Originally
part of the Gtk-- widget set, libsigc++ is now a seperate library to
provide for more general use. It is the most complete library of its
kind with the ablity to connect an abstract callback to a class
method, function, or function object. It contains adaptor classes for
connection of dissimilar callbacks and has an ease of use unmatched by
other C++ callback libraries. Libsigc++ is licensed under the LGPL.
* Compile time typesafe callbacks (faster than run time checks)
* Typesaftey violations reports line number correctly with template
names (no tracing template failures into headers)
* No compiler extensions or meta compilers required
* Proper handling of dynamic objects and signals (deleted objects
will not cause seg faults)
* Extendable API at any level Slot, Connection, Object, and Signal
* Extensions do not require alteration of basic components to allow
use of extensions
* User definable marshallers
* Provides headers for up to 7 arguments and 2 callback data
* M4 Macros for building templates with various numbers of
arguements and callback data
* Easily build support for templates with number of arguments and
callback data not defined in library headers
* Now supports gcc 2.8.0, egcs all versions, HP aCC A.01.22, Irix
MipsPro 7.3, and Visual C++ 5.0.
The original library was composed by Tero Pulkkinen for the Gtk--
system, a C++ wrapper for the Gtk+ widget set. The revised library is
written and mantained by Karl Nelson. Special thanks for Esa Pulkkinen
for development tips.