Re: pine in other distributions?

David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> writes:

Reply-to set to -legal

> Furthermore, there is NO clause explicitly forbidding distribution of
> modified versions; the only clause that mentions patches binaries is the
> one concerning Local modification.

If it not explicit allowed it is disallowed. Thats how copyrightlaws i
most of the world works (US inclusive).

Local modification is not local if they are distributed.

> I suggest one of the guys on Debian-legal makes contact with UW and asks
> for their consent to distribute a Pine vx.yDebian binary. I do believe
> them to be pretty reasonable.

Yes but then it must go into non-free: License must not be specific to
Debian.

--
I congratulate you. Happy goldfish bowl to you, to me, to everyone,
and may each of you fry in hell forever.