Re: mtools

> *But* in this case, it seems hard to avoid. As I understand it, the
> *whole* mtools package makes 'parasitic' use of the X protocol

Point of information: only floppyd itself is linked against any X
library.  The others, which *doing* clever things with xauth tokens
[according to the docs, I haven't read the code], don't actually link
any X libraries and thus don't cause any X dependencies.  Only floppyd
itself talks to a real X server (using this to validate the xauth
cookie, which is twisted and sick :)  So splitting off floppyd *is*
possible, but may or may not be desirable.