Re: Censoring :) (was: Re: anarchism_7.7-1.deb)

On Mon, 27 Sep 1999, Raul Miller wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 27, 1999 at 11:46:39AM +0200, Siggy Brentrup wrote:
> > Is it really censoring to keep all non-technical packages out of main?
> > I don't say don't package it nor don't make it available.
>
> Maybe it's time to fork off an independent documentation project?

This has been proposed several times, but actually never been implemented.
At least 2 categories have been identified:

etext: Packaged texts/books that are not directly related to Debian or
computer documentation (bible-kjv, anarchism-faq, etc...).
data: Data packaged for use by some Debian programs (astronomical data,
etc...)

--
- Vincent RENARDIAS  vincent@{{ldsol,pipo}.com,{debian,openhardware}.org} -
- Debian/GNU Linux:   http://www.openhardware.org        Executive Linux: -