Re: Re^2: strange behavior of dh_dhelp

mbudde@sms.antar.com (Marco Budde) writes:

> Am 24.09.99 schrieb joey # kitenet.net ...
>
> Moin Joey!
>
> JH> > dh_installdocs uses doc-base, which in turn registers documents for
> JH> > dwww and dhelp. Thous it is a superset and should be used, no?
>
> I would recommend using dwww and dhelp directly. dhelp#s parser is written
> in C and uses a database. So it#s a lot of faster than using doc-base,
> which is written in perl. Especially on "old" 486/586 CPUs using dhelp
> directly speeds up the installation process of packages dramatically.
>
> dhelp comes with a dhelp -> dwww converter. So it#s no problem to support
> both system.
>
> JH> Yes.
>
> Why? What is the advantage of using doc-base?

Because if in the future we get another documentation system in
addition to dhelp and dwww, it will be automatically supported by
every package using doc-base.

Why do we have two Debian documentation systems in the first place?
NIHS?

	- Ruud de Rooij.
--
ruud de rooij | ruud@ruud.org | http://ruud.org