Re: crypt(3) utilities

"Itai" == Itai Zukerman <zukerman@math-hat.com> writes:

Itai> Are there other packages that similarly provide this tiny
Itai> utility?  Would this merit my writing a crypt package that other
Itai> packages can suggest?

Yes ircd does too (upstream at least), and we also have a
makepasswd.deb that does this and more in perl.  (The mkpasswd name is
taken by glibc, iirc.)

		netgod

Writing non-free software is not an ethically legitimate activity,
so if people who do this run into trouble, that's good!  All businesses
based on non-free software ought to fail, and the sooner the better.
        -- Richard Stallman