Re: BTS "feature" comments

|   As a non-developer who has manipulated bugs..

[...]

| a bug anymore and should be closed.  However, in a few cases I never got a
| response from the maintainer and decided to just close a bug myself.

[...]

|   Are these shooting offenses?  If so, I guess I should start keeping an eye
| out for the Debian Hit Squad.. :-/

Of course not, but only the package maintainer is supposed to close bugs on
her package. Even other Debian developers should use the fixed state.

If, as a non-developer, notice a bug that should be closed and have no
request from the maintainer of the package, then you should ask on
debian-devel that someone closes the bug, after checking that the bug
does not exist anymore. And in a perfect life, all the developers should
answer requests in a timely manner.

  Sam