Re: i dont understand something or dpkg is simply buggy

On Thu, 23 Sep 1999, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> Previously Raul Miller wrote:
> > Would it be possible, for this case, for the package to conflict
> > with the specific versions which are known to cause problems?
>
> Unless I'm very mistaken, yes.
>
> Wichert.

I've a similar problem. I use Debian-ja and I've the folowing things :

Package: 2utf
Recommends: man-db (>= 2.3.10-37)

Package: man-db
Version: 2.3.10-69i
Replaces: man
Provides: man
Conflicts: man

Package: man-db-ja
Version: 2.3.10-69f.jp0.1
Replaces: man
Provides: man
Conflicts: man

As 2utf only recommends I can force dselect to accept this selection.
Should I fill a bug report against 2utf ? I'm not sure because man-db-ja
is not (yet) in Debian (it is in Debian-ja).