Re: Recent potato libc5 is crashing

SW> It seems that Friday's potato upgrade broke libc5.  I cannot seem to run any
SW> binaries compiled against libc5 anymore.  Unfortunately programs like l3dec
SW> and such cannot be recompiled.  Weird thing is libc5 didn't change.  Has
SW> anyone else seen this problem on their systems and any ideas where it's at?

The only program I usually use that uses libc5 is netscape and it
stopped working.  There are a couple of bugs recently filed for
netscape dumping core I saw in BTS which may be related to this.

The changes between the upgrade I did Friday did not, as far as
I can tell, involve libc5 nor xlib6.  From the diff between
/var/lib/dpkg/status* file, I did not see anything suspicious,
maybe other than ldso which was upgraded from 1.9.11-2 to
1.9.11-2.1.