Re: Announcing debconf, configuration management for debian

Daniel Burrows wrote:
>   Another question -- I realize the proposed API has been out for a while, but
> is it possible that the TEXT command could be modified to take a priority?

Actually, debconf uses a variation on the prposed API, that makes text just
be a variety of ui element, like a boolean element or a string element. So
there is no text command per se. (And so text does get a priority). You can
read the modified debconf api in /usr/doc/debconf/spec/ (I just modified 2
of the web pages)

Wichert's been really slow commenting on this, but it makes a lot more sense.

--
see shy jo