Re: Too many kernels in unstable

Guy Maor wrote:
> What about just keeping the last 2.0.x and the last 2.2.x ?

I agree. One 2.0.x, one 2.2.x, eventually one 2.[34].x version.

This has been discussed before, people agreed that there's too much of
the kernel packages in there. You're the FTP admin, please act.

Brian Mays wrote:
> That would be fine by me; however, some people might object because
> kernel "improvements" sometimes break things -- even in stable kernel
> branches.  It is not so rare for someone to avoid upgrading to the next
> kernel version, because it breaks some obscure feature that he needs.

That's not a reason enough for keeping >20MB stuff for every version of
kernel, IMNSHO.

If there is a problem, you can still downgrade to your old kernel image.
Which you did preserve, didn't you[1]? Plus, all of those versions are
kept on ftp.kernel.org for indefinite time. And you can file a bug to
the BTS, too.

[1] "you" doesn't refer to you personally, Brian.

--
enJoy -*/\*- don't even try to pronounce my first name