Re: Move proftpd to contrib

Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org> writes:

> On Thu, Sep 16, 1999 at 10:42:36PM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> > This package has been a major source of serious security bugs and
> > indicatiosn are that it will remain as such.  Our Policy states that
> > packages that are not sufficiently free of bugs to meet our standards
> > should not be in main and should be moved to contrib.  I therefore
>
> I don't think policy says that contrib is a dumping ground for
> crap packages. Can you point out which part to me please?

2.1.3. The contrib section
--------------------------

     Every package in "contrib" must comply with the DFSG.

     Examples of packages which would be included in "contrib" are
        * free packages which require "contrib", "non-free", or "non-US"
          packages or packages which are not in our archive at all for
          compilation or execution,
        * wrapper packages or other sorts of free accessories for non-free
          programs,
--->    * packages which we don't want to support because they are too
--->      buggy, and
        * packages which fail to meet some other policy requirements in a
          serious way.

	- Ruud de Rooij.
--
ruud de rooij | ruud@ruud.org | http://ruud.org