Re: man preprocessor different than on Red Hat?

Paul Slootman wrote:

> What happens if you pass the -pt option to man?

$ man -pt -l ./powstatd.8

Then it works.  Running that option on the _installed_ page like so:

$ man -pt powstatd

doesn't work.

The uptream author said I should be able to view the man page
using:

$ gtbl powstatd.8 | nroff -man | more

This works.  But how I do get the user to see this ouput?
I could do `gtbl powstatd.8 | gzip -c > /usr/share/man/man8/powstatd.8.gz`
but the resulting man page generates a few errors before
displaying correctly:

zsoelim: powstatd.8:197: warning: newline in .lf request, ignoring

and the man page format looks awful (processed beyond
recognition).

Don't we follow the same man standard as Red Hat?
Any suggestions about what I should do?

Thanks!
--
Peter Galbraith, research scientist          <GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Maurice Lamontagne Institute, Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada