Re: Increasing regularity of build systems

On Wed 15 Sep 1999, Martin Schulze wrote:

> PS: I would appreciate its use as well, it sucks that some pkg's are
> rebuilding everything if one only is working on a patch in to one
> file

If all I'm doing is trying fix something, usually just invoking 'make'
will do it (or some subtle variation that a glance at the rules file
will make clear). Once it builds, I do 'debian/rules clean' and then
restart the package build, to ensure that the final package can be
reproduced (restarting things from the middle sometimes leads to things
happening differently).

Paul Slootman
--
home:       paul@wurtel.demon.nl http://www.wurtel.demon.nl/