Re: Debian's problems

On Tue, Sep 14, 1999 at 09:51:40PM -0500, Steve Greenland wrote:
> On 14-Sep-99, 18:19 (CDT), Craig Sanders <cas@taz.net.au> wrote:
> > we've been over this argument many times over the last few years: there
> > is no good reason to stop people working on unstable just because a
> > frozen release is being worked on.

> The problem is that the frozen release *doesn't* get worked on, because
> it's more fun to release new versions and create new packages than it is
> to fix bugs.

Yes, and all sweeping generalizations are false.  Before doing something
like disabling unstable uploads (which is pretty much guaranteed to annoy
people) it would be an idea to see if things which try to make it easier
for people to help fix bugs (eg, the new QA proposal) help?

            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/