Re : fetchmail dependencies

Its me again
I dont include parts of your msg here cause i have seriously
mirsonfigured mailsystem :(

I dont think fetchmail GUI config is system-important and
this is not cause of my religion but look at this situation:
1) newbie install debian with mail selected
2) s/he knows there is a program called fetchmail and want to
   config it
3) s/he runs fetchmailconf
4) and is totally suprised what had happened
5) and s/he is still mailing by win.... yuck !

If some of you have time and know both python (i dont) and
perl it would be nice to perl-rewrite fetchmailconf and
MUCH MORE important : make console version of it or
AT LEAST example file in /etc/skel (very unelegant)

Ive suggested changing dependencies as a temportary and
unellegant solution cause actual one is VERY newbie-confusing
I know a couple of people which cant get mail cause of this
Look at X-Mailer at debian-user@ : how many still use
pegasus or outlook. This is for their good

Another sollution would be adding python testing in fetchmailconf
which says user : 'install python-tk' and suchlike if needed element
is not installed
If anyone knows python ....