Re: FreeBSD-like approach for Debian? [was: Re: Deficiencies in Debian]

Instead of putting "packages" under /usr/local then, packages would go in
/usr/packages.  /usr/local would be used as now, for things the package
management system doesn't know about.

For those who hate typing, I would recommend /usr/packages -> /usr/pak