Re: FWD: [David_Conrad@isc.org: Re: Bind 8.2 and greater license?]

In article <[🔎] 37D8116C.AC1AB72E@isc.org> you wrote:

> Would a "--no-rsa" option during configuration be workable?

As I think others have already pointed out, this is good, but not sufficient.

We can't put the RSA sources in our "main" tree, so it would be best for us
if there were a way to acquire the BIND source tree without the code that is
under the RSA license being included at all.  If it's there, I need to be able
to clip it out completely before putting BIND in our distribution.

I looked briefly at trying to split this code into a separate source tree that
delivered a shared lib, but the license seems to preclude that, by insisting
that the source for the dnssafe lib be shipped with BIND or not at all.

The precise details of how this is resolved are more or less irrelevant to
me.  I'll be happy to work with you to ensure that whatever feels good to
you works for Debian.

My regards to Paul...

Bdale