Re: Knn rc.d number for distributed-net

On Fri, Sep 10, 1999 at 11:42:17AM +0200, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
> It shouldn't really matter that netbase is stopped, the MTA
> (sendmail/exim) should be able to accept the message and put
> it in the queue. It will be sent the next time the system boots.

The problem here is that the MTA of the bug reporter is running
from inetd, which is shut down when 'netbase stop' is run.

> By changing the symlink name to K18d-n perhaps there is a
> chance that the MTA will get the message sent out to a remote
> machine, but the chance is very small - the MTA itself will
> be shutdown in seconds anyway.
>
> If you want to guarantee that the message gets out, you'll
> have to wait until the message is sent - which in the worst
> case could be a couple of days ;)

I don't think it needs to be sent out - but it does need to be
accepted by the MTA running from inetd. I thought about it, and
the fact that it's K18dist-net might not be enough to ensure
it's run before K18netbase - K17dist-net might be in order?