fixed sound problem at the 2.2.12 kernel level: bug??

that has been posted to linux.sources.kernel as well.

Dear Linux developers:

I am not normally a kernel or c-code developer, but I wanted to relay
this to the community to correct a sound problem I have had.

My sound quit working (SB16 PnP) upon installation of a new kernel
(not sure which new kernel this happened).  I now have installed the
latest stable kernel 2.2.12 (this error may have occured earlier
2.2.11 or less?).  I got the following error message when the sound.o
module is initialized:

Sep  7 16:29:59 fea insmod: /lib/modules/2.2.12/misc/sound.o: unresolved symbol isa_dma_bridge_buggy
Sep  7 16:29:59 fea insmod: /lib/modules/2.2.12/misc/sound.o: unresolved symbol isa_dma_bridge_buggy

I also get a similar error message upon the depmod -a command (sound
is the only module):

fea# depmod -a
/lib/modules/2.2.12/misc/sound.o: unresolved symbol(s)

I dug into this problem and discovered that the variable
isa_dma_bridge_buggy is normally initialized in asm/dma.h.  Therefore,
I got my sound to work by adding the following line to
./linux/drivers/sound/dmabuf.c:

#include <asm/dma.h>

Perhaps this change should be added to kernel.