Problems with mount and kernel 2.2.10

In an earlier email, I asked about a problem that I run across related to
an incompatibility between Kernel 2.2.x (x>7) and mount. I was advised to
update (rather than just recompile) the mount to potato (thanks!), however
it did not work. I updated the libraries, mount with all dependencies, but
I still getting a warning message that the version of mount is older than
the kernel. In addition, NFS gets starts sending tons of messages for
whatever it does.

I'd appreciate any information or clue to help to fix this problem.

Thanks,
- rogerio.
 Rogerio Abreu de Paula
 Graduate Student