Infocom games

On Wed, Sep 08, 1999 at 10:40:39AM -0700, Kenneth Scharf was heard to say:
> windows cd roms.  Just like I can legally use the infocom game files
> for 'hitchhiker','starcross' and 'zork' with the gpl'ed runtime

  Way, way off topic, but did Infocom release the original Zork for free
download?  I think I remember reading that somewhere..

  (and, of course, if they did are the licensing terms acceptable for
   non-free or too restrictive even for that?)

  Daniel

--
  Fate always wins...at least, when people stick to the rules.

             -- Terry Pratchett, _Interesting Times_