Re: Feaping Creature-ism in core Debian Packages

On Wed, Sep 01, 1999 at 08:53:23AM -0400, Dale Scheetz wrote:
> For build purposes, it would be very nice to be able to build only the
> xlib6g and xlib6g-dev packages from xfree86, but I fear this will require
> extensive redesign of the source build process.

Actually, I don't think this would be too difficult.  The "build-old" and
"install-old" rules (for the libc5-compat packages), practically do the
same thing already.

But don't hold your breath.  The are more urgent things in my X queue right
now.

Besides, I've just dropped enough of a clue that an experienced
Makefile/rules could probably hack out some rules for this in a brief
amount of time.  I'd be happy to incorporate such a change.

--
G. Branden Robinson              |   Q: How does a Unix guru have sex?
Debian GNU/Linux                 |   A: unzip;strip;touch;finger;mount;fsck;