Re: usr/man vs usr/share/man?

On Wed, Sep 01, 1999 at 09:20:38AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>         Is this not just an issue of swetting MANPATH defaults? The
>  current /etc/manpath.config already contains

That works fine for the specific case of /usr/man -> /usr/share/man/.
I tried to mention that in the last paragraph of the message you're
quoting.  I guess I wasn't explicit enough.

My point was that since the adoption of FHS did not introduce the
/usr/man -> /usr/share/man transition isolated from the /usr/doc ->
/usr/share/doc transition, the policy change still is causing packages
to break.

--
Raul

P.S. Manoj: I'm not cc'ing this to debian-ctte since I don't think it
adds any new information.  I did approve your message for debian-ctte,
because it was at least on-topic.  [Maybe you could approve your own
messages to debian-ctte in the future?]