Re: Feaping Creature-ism in core Debian Packages

On Wed, 1 Sep 1999, Dale Scheetz wrote:

> On 31 Aug 1999, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>
> >         A number of my packages provide HTML format documentation (by
> >  running texi2html). In my opinion, the advantages of the general user
> >  having this documentation justifies the cost of people _building_ the
> >  package
>
> It only justifies the cost of building if that cost is not too high.

The problem here is that the cost of building it depends on the
architecture. If a Debian port has not tetex-bin available yet,
it will not have texi2html available in a Debian package.

I can think of two ways of solving this:

* Put texi2html in a separate package from tetex-bin.

* Encourage that HTML docs are put in a separate binary-all package, so
that the binary-arch target does not need texi2html.

Thanks.

--
 "36a8fbe9fad9385f10aade13a98bef10" (a truly random sig)