Re: Upgrading to potato

Le Tue, Aug 31, 1999 at 09:17:51PM +0200, jmmv@mail.com écrivait:
> I'm running 'apt-get distupgrade' to upgrade my slink to potato. But
> apt-get only gets debs, and what's about the base system (the tgz) ? How
> do I install it without losing data/configuration of my system ?

The base system is built with file that are extracted from .deb (note that
there is a base section especially for that even though it does not
fully correspond to what is used for building the base disks). If you
update all your packages, the base system is also updated.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog -=- http://tux.u-strasbg.fr/~raphael/
<pub> CDs Debian : http://tux.u-strasbg.fr/~raphael/debian/#cd </pub>