Adam Di Carlo vs debmake

On 31 Aug 1999, Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> > I think policy deserves a great degree of respect also, so please don't
> > talk about disrespect.
>
> If that is the case, please explain the following quote from
> /usr/bin/debstd:
> [...]

FYI: This was already discussed in debian-mentors or debian-policy.
Please read the changelog for debmake 3.5.16 and 3.5.17.

> So I find it absurd that you should cling to your fidelity to Policy,
> even when mistakes are made (IMHO) in Policy (namely, telling folks to
> trasnition to /usr/share/doc without really working out how this would
> affect users).

"Current policy is a mistake" is an opinion, not a fact. I'm waiting for
the final word from the technical committee about this, as everyone else.
Until then, everybody is free to recommend not to follow policy about
/usr/doc, but nobody should be blamed for doing so.

Thanks.

--
 "1c4f15d76ae84a7dbd840d42e2aa42a1" (a truly random sig)