Re: Release-critical Bugreport for August 27, 1999

On 99-08-30 Johnie Ingram wrote:

> "Christian" == Christian Kurz <shorty@debian.org> writes:

> Christian> Okay, then I would suggest closing this bug as it has been
> Christian> fixed.

> I was under the impression we weren't allowed to close a Bug until its
> fixed in a stable release (which could take a year or more, it seems).

Hm, I think this is a release-critical-bug list for the upcoming new
debian version and so IMHO the reports should be closed, when they are
fixed. So after a bug has been fixed and a fixed version of the program
has been uploaded to potato, you should close the bug report and tell
the submitter, that you fixed the bug and where the fixed version can be
found.

Cheers
       Christian
* Christian Kurz                          Debian Developer/QA-Team *
*               Use Debian - a free Operating System               *