Re: Release-critical Bugreport for August 27, 1999

Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho <gaia@iki.fi> writes:

> On Mon, Aug 30, 1999 at 10:46:37AM -0600, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
> > I'm in favour of that practice (if it's not closed in a stable release, it's
> > not closed at all, just fixed), but other people disagree.  Try to find some
> > docs that state it's one way or the other.  There were none last time I
> > looked.
>
> One could regard the behaviour of dinstall as some kind of a reference
> on this.

Why?  What authority does dinstall have with respect to the bug
tracking system?

FWIW, IMHO bugs should be closed when they are fixed in the
distribution they were reported against.  Just my two cents.

	- Ruud de Rooij.
--
ruud de rooij | ruud@ruud.org | http://ruud.org