Re: Japanized packages (was: Re: new LaTeX2e)

From: Julian Gilbey <J.D.Gilbey@qmw.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Japanized packages (was: Re: new LaTeX2e)
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 05:04:25 +0100 (BST)

> > BTW, my LaTeX2e package is not Japanized LaTeX2e but
> > purely original LaTeX2e of 1999/06/01 version so it
> > is for all of you :)
> > It does not overwrite any files from tetex except latex.fmt
> > which is diverted to latex.fmt.old
>
> Yikes!  Your package should *NOT* contain any latex.fmt file at all,
> and should certainly not divert any existing one.  It should instead
> run the command:
>   texconfig init
> This will rebuild all of the necessary formats, such as pdflatex,
> elatex and lambda, as necessary.  This is (essentially) what the
> current tetex-* packages do.

Yes you are right, I know that. I think that the diversion
will be safer way to recover original state, that is
if you remove my package it will safely recover the original
tetex environment again.

Note basically my package is of course not official one and
it is to provide enough environment for latest Japanized
LaTeX.

But I will try your advise later.
Thanks for your kind advice.

--
 Debian JP Developer - much more I18N of Debian
 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp>