Re: Latest UNISYS LZW patent nonsense -- $5,000 for every web site

On Thu, Aug 26, 1999 at 06:17:08PM -0400, James Mastros wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 26, 1999 at 04:55:43PM +0100, Philip Hands wrote:
> > Perhaps we should set up a <gif-me-up-baby@nonus.debian.org> robot,
> > to which you send a bitmap, and it sends you the matching gif back.
>
> I like the way you think.  They could claim that the product is being used
> in the US, and that places it in the US's juristiction, but they can claim
> it all they want, it still dosn't make it true.

I'm not sure where nonus.debian.org is exactly, but note that the LZW
patent is not US only; it applies in many foreign countries.  As to
which ones those are and whether nonus.debian.org is in one of them,
I couldn't say.

-- Nathaniel